Compensation Disputes

We have substantial experience in representing and advising executives and employees at all points of the employment relationship...

Compensation Disputes

A compensation dispute may arise in the context of an employment agreement, a bonus incentive scheme, a commission plan, a deferred compensation plan, an employment agreement, or compensation due under a Company change of control agreement.

Regardless of the type of compensation you are owed, you do have rights, should your former employer fail to live up to its obligations.

We have a long history of negotiating and litigating compensation disputes that commonly arise in the employment relationship. Many of these cases involve disputes over:

  • The failure to pay earned incentive compensation, bonuses, or commissions;
  • Wrongful discharge;
  • Breach of contractual obligations under an employment agreement;
  • Termination without cause;
  • Fraudulent inducement in the hiring process;
  • Improper divestiture of long-term deferred compensation;
  • Improper denial of severance payments triggered by material changes in employment; and
  • Wrongful denial of earned wages under state wage laws.


Experience Matters

We regularly negotiate beneficial settlements on behalf of clients. And, when negotiation is not an option, we aggressively pursue litigated results by employing dynamic and aggressive legal strategies in a host of venues, including federal and state courts, and arbitrations before the American Arbitration Association (AAA), Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services (JAMS), and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).


You have legal options

Compensation claims and severance agreements are often complex. Appropriate legal representation during the negotiation of your separation may provide additional leverage when negotiating specific post-employment options and financial terms. We can advise about your rights during post-employment contract negotiations, let’s discuss your options and the remedies available to you by law.

Contact us today for a consultation